Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Take the Money and Run

I planned on watching and blogging Take the Money and Run. I watched the first five minutes that they previewed during After the Final Rose and it looked trashy and amazing.

And then I watched it. Or should I say, I tried to watch it. That show was super boring. It is a show about two people hiding and two other people finding $10,000 or $100,000. Or some large amount of money. See, I didn't really pay attention.

My first problem with the show is that the people hiding the money were idiots. Like, really really dumb. And then they are questioned by investigatory people. And the dumb people couldn't even keep their story straight. If you are going to make up a story, you should make it simple, make it make sense, and then remember it. But they couldn't do that. And it wasn't the two people not being able to keep the story straight between each other, but they couldn't keep it straight individually.

I like the idea of seeing how the investigators interrogate and search and stuff, but it seems like it might be a bad idea to spill all those secrets to potential criminals. And really, since it is "reality" and not "scripted", it takes away all the drama because scripted is trumped up.

I ended up keeping it on because once I started watching I wanted to make sure that the investigators found the money so that the douches who hid the case didn't win. Which they did. Because the investigators weren't dumb. There was just no real drama. Or intrigue. Or excitment. Blech. Great concept, terrible execution. And I just don't think I can stand watching it ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment