Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pilot Review: The Secret Circle

I'm not quite sure how to give a generalization of the plot. In a small town, there are 6 families that are part of a circle of magic that needs all 6 from the current generation to bind their power and make them uber powerful. One of the previous generation moved away after some tragedy that left lots of people dead. But the one who moved away dies, so her daughter moves back. Circle complete! Or...something like that. Just watch the pilot, they explain it all.

Now, I will say that The Secret Circle is not what you would call a "good" show. But damn, is it entertaining. And super creepy. And has a great cast.

Britt Robertson plays Cassie, who used to live with her mother, until her mother was killed in a freak fire started by Gale Harold's Charles (using magic), who is the father of Diana, played by Shelley Henning, who is the girlfriend of Thomas Dekker's Adam, who has some sort of family/karma connection to Cassie according to his dad. So, lots of drama already!

Robertson does a really good job of being innocent, yet powerful. And I like the character. She feels a connection with Adam, but is hell bent (at least for the moment) to not let that go anywhere since he has a girlfriend who she likes. My favorite two actors are Dekker and Harold. I may or may not have been uber excited about this show since I heard Dekker was going to be in it. And by may or may not, I mean I definitely was. I love Thomas Dekker. He tends to play the hero who is conflicted and kind of the badboy (see: The Sarah Connor Chronicles). And Gale Harold. Omg is he hot and creepy.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Secret Circle. I think it will definitely get more dramatic and intense as it goes on. I can't wait to see where the story and the characters go. Definitely DVR series record!

No comments:

Post a Comment