Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What I've Been Doing With My Time

I haven't been blogging much, lately. Partly due to a general laziness that has taken over my non-work time, partly due to being on vacation a few different times, and partly due to really just not feeling inspired to write. However, I feel now is the time to get back into blogging! And to start off, I'm going to give a bit of a recap of what I'm watching, reading, etc.

First for tv...
My USA shows are back! Well, a couple of them are, anyway. White Collar and Covert Affairs both started last week and both were amazing. I say amazing mostly because I have missed both shows a whole lot and love watching them so them just being on is amazing. White Collar is quite possibly my favorite scripted show on television. An FBI agent and an ex-con man (who isn't always so ex) team up to fight white collar criminals. Obviously, they don't really ever trust each other fully, but they do have mutual respect and love for each other. Their relationship is one of my favorites for any tv show ever. I'm also a huge Cover Affairs fan! CIA agents doing CIA things. Starring Piper Perabo (Coyote Ugly) and Christopher Gorham (Ugly Betty). Awesome. It has lots of action and really good people in it and all sorts of fun. The only sad thing about this summer is that Psych doesn't have a summer season. It is airing in the fall, which, awesome they are a legit show with a normal season, but bummer because I could watch Psych year round. In fact, I have been watching past seasons of Psych on dvd.

Pretty much the only other tv I have been watching is reality tv. I watched America's Best Dance Crew (so full of awesome that I may get around and actually write a post about it) and am currently watching The Bachelorette (you've seen our recaps of Trashelorette, right?), So You Think You Can Dance, Next Food Network Star, Chopped, and Top Chef Masters. I love all cooking competition shows, so Star, Chopped, and Top Chef are always high on my list of loves, though I tend to save a few episodes and watch all at once. Mostly because they air late at night and I like gorging on tv shows all at once. I'm having serious issues staying up with Trashelorette because it is sooooo bad. I skipped this past episode in favorite of watching Doctor Who. Best decision ever. But I'll catch up.

Speaking of...I'm watching Doctor Who, series 6. I am not listing it in with my normal tv because I don't get BBC America and had to buy them on Amazon, so I waited and bought all 7 episodes that have aired so far and watched 4 of them last night. Gluten! Sooooo great. I suppose I'm also technically watching Game of Thrones with my friend Sarah, though we are about 5 episodes behind. Sunday night shows are hard to watch, especially with someone else. But I'll get there, I'm sure.

Now for books, I've been reading stuff sporatically. I am currently reading a few different books, all of which I am really enjoying. First, I have been reading the 1-800-Where-R-You series by Meg Cabot. I actually read the first two books at Christmas time and have finally gotten around to reading the last three. It is a really good series, though not my favorite. I like the main heroine a lot, but I'm kind of meh on the dude. But it is pretty much set in Bloomington, IN where I went to school, so that is fun. Also, I just like Cabot's writing, so I like it. Good to read before bed as the other books I'm reading are not.

I'm also reading Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson. Oh man. I bought it because I love Craig Ferguson. And I was expecting a funny little fluff novel. And oh my, it is not that at all. But it is soooooo great. It is funny, don't get my wrong, but it is also dark and crazy and full of sex and drugs and death and magic and religion. It is super indepth and far too hard to read at night before bed. But I am loving it so much. I am thinking of creating a new category of novel to read called something like "Novels By People Not Normally Thought Of As Authors" because I am getting quite a collection, most notably Craig Ferguson, Stephen Fry, and Dave Barry.

The last book that I am reading is My Booky Wook by Russell Brand. It is his first autobiography. And it is super fascinating. I already know quite a bit about Brand as he had quite a high profile life in the UK back when he was first becoming famous. My Booky Wook starts with him in Sex Rehab and then goes into early life. I assume it will end in Sex Rehab. But yeah...super fascinating to see how his brain works and how his early life shaped who he is. Also, it is definitely written in his voice and not in any sort of corrected grammer way. I like it. I also know that I will definitely have to get his second autobiography when I am done.

I know that I read some other stuff, but nothing too notable. Mostly romance novels and mysteries. Basic fare; nothing too out there.

And finally, movies and music. I have watched very few movies lately, though I've seen Bridesmaids and X-Men: First Class in theaters. Both were fabulous and you should go see them both. Good stories, good actors, each had an actor that I have serious love for (Chris O'Dowd in Bridesmaids, James McAvoy in X-Men). Good times all around. I've been listening to a lot of random music lately, though my favorite at the moment is Adele. Look her up if you don't know her. And if you only know her radio singles, look up other tracks. She is fucking brilliant. Like, ridiculously awesome. I've also been enjoying Hot Chelle Rae, McFly, Patrick Wolf, Lily Allen, James Blunt, Maroon 5, Tinie Tempah, Mumford & Son, and countless other artists and bands. Really random music. I should make a playlist!

So...really blogging coming soon! Perhaps with some regularity! One can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment