Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Midweek Macho Man: Ryan Reynolds

This is a new feature I'm starting, because by Wednesday every girl needs a pick-me-up. And what better way to have a pick-me-up than to feature a good-looking guy on our blog every Wednesday? But not just any hot guy will be featured. I'm going to try to feature a guy who is in the news for some reason - a movie, a TV show, a news story, etc.

This week's Macho Man is featured in a movie that just came out this week. It hasn't gotten very good reviews, unfortunately, but this Macho Man looks great in every scene he's in ... especially because he's often wearing a skintight superhero suit.

That's right ... the Midweek Macho Man this week is Ryan Reynolds!

(Photo from Entertainment Weekly. Original and more Ryan Reynolds photos can be found here. EW rocks, so go visit their site, y'all.)

Ryan Reynolds has been in a lot of movies. Personally, I really took notice of him back in 2009, somewhat when he played Wade Wilson in "X-Men Origin: Wolverine" (though Hugh Jackman was a huge distraction in that movie) and when he played the main guy in "The Proposal," which quickly became one of my favorite chick flicks of all time. (And I am so not really a chick flick girl.) But he was in many other goofy movies and TV shows, including the movie "Van Wilder" and the TV show "Two Guys and a Girl." He was named People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2010 - a worthy honor - and is generally adorable and fun to watch in movies. I think what I like so much about Ryan Reynolds is that he obviously doesn't take himself too seriously. It was obvious that he was having a great time when he made "Green Lantern" and, really, it's just nice to watch an actor who is having fun instead of being a humorless ass all the time. He seems likable in interviews and in movies, and I will go see just about anything he's in. Incidentally, so will my mom, and my grandma also loved him in "The Proposal," which means Ryan Reynolds also has appeal across generations ... always an important thing for a movie hunk!

Ryan Reynolds ... we salute you, our Midweek Macho Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment