Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Midweek Macho Man: Joe Manganiello

"True Blood" started a new season on HBO this week, and although there are many macho men on the show, one of them really stands out.


(Photo from Entertainment Weekly, who also has many great articles, scoops and recaps about "True Blood." Check them out, yo!)

That's right! Our Midweek Macho Man is none other than Joe Manganiello, who plays Alcide Herveaux on "True Blood." Now, I have to admit that I've never even seen Joe Manganiello play Alcide, because I don't have HBO and my mom is still finishing season 3 of "True Blood" on DVD. (Hurry up, mom! I needs me a "True Blood" fix!) However, that has not stopped me from admiring Joe Manganiello, nor has it stopped me from imagining him as Alcide during my current re-read of the Sookie Stackhouse books. Kel and our mom assure me that he is incredibly hot in the show, and I believe them. (Mom even texted me, "Sam? Sam who?" Which is a big deal, because Sam Trammell, who plays Sam Merlotte, is super hot on the show. But Joe Manganiello leaves him in the dust, at least in my mom's eyes.)

If you're not a fan of "True Blood," you may also know Sam Manganiello as Flash Thompson from "Spider-man" and/or as Marshall's law school friend Brad on "How I Met Your Mother." But regardless of where you know him from, he is our Midweek Macho Man, and I salute him!

No comments:

Post a Comment