Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall TV Preview: The CW

It's almost that time of year - time to decide which new shows you'll put into your TV-watching rotation! I'll be previewing the new shows of Fall 2013 and letting you know what I'll be watching - and what I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Tonight, let's take a look at that wonderful red-headed stepchild of network TV: The CW. There are only three new shows slated for this fall, and yet ... I am pumped, because who doesn't love The CW?




The Originals (Tuesdays at 7 p.m. Premieres Oct. 8.) This is a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries," which I've never watched. It follows the world's original vampires, the Mikaelson siblings, hanging out in New Orleans and wreaking vampirey havoc. As much as I like a good vampire story, especially in New Orleans, I'll probably skip this one, because I doubt it can live up to the craziness or hotness of my favorite Louisiana-set vampire drama, "True Blood." Jen's Take: Heck no, I won't watch!

The Tomorrow People (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. Premieres Oct. 9.) Based on the British series of the same name, this show follows teens/young adults who are part of the "next stage of human evolution." It seems like it will be a bit like the X-Men, but now with even more teen angst and a bad soundtrack. You know, because it's the CW. Seriously, though, it looks entertaining. I love stories about superheroes and other special people, and that's what this is basically about. Also, it stars Robbie Amell, the cousin of "Arrow" hottie Stephen Amell. (What a gene pool!) Jen's Take: I'll definitely watch.

Reign (Thursdays at 8 p.m. Premieres Oct. 17.) This series is about the early life of Mary, Queen of Scots. No, really. On the CW. My prediction is that it will be entertainingly terrible, but make me cringe because of all the historical inaccuracies. And yet, I'm intrigued. Nostradamus is a character (in fact, he's played by Donald Sutherland's son/Kiefer Sutherland's half-brother Rossif Sutherland), so there will probably be some paranormal goofiness stuck in with all the historical inaccuracies. I probably shouldn't watch, as I really don't need another CW guilty pleasure show (I already watch "Arrow," and I foolishly started watching "Supernatural" on Netflix a few weeks ago), and yet ... Jen's Take: Maybe I'll watch.

What new CW shows will you be watching this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment