Friday, February 21, 2014

'Guardians of the Galaxy' looks like lots of fun

So, admission time - I know next to nothing about the Guardians of the Galaxy.

But, the trailer for the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie, set to come out August 1, makes me want to get to know them better.

Seriously, check out this trailer and tell me that it doesn't look like it's going to be an incredibly, hilariously fun movie.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

One of my biggest problems with superhero movies right now is the propensity for gritty remakes. Marvel has done a decent job of keeping things relatively light, especially with the Thor movies, and compared to the super-gritty Dark Knight trilogy, they're downright sunny.

But I have a love for crazy goofball movies, and that hasn't been the way that superhero/comic book movies have been in the last 10 years or so.

Guardians of the Galaxy, though, looks like it will be a movie after my own heart. The main characters are, for lack of a better word, weird. The "Guardians" are a cute slacker-looking dude, a big hulking alien guy, a green alien woman, a talking tree and a genetically enhanced raccoon. (They get called "a bunch of a-holes" in the trailer.) The trailer features the song "Hooked on a Feeling." The list of bad guys includes Benecio del Toro with crazy blond hair and a fuzzy jacket, swishing around. And did I mention that one of the main characters is a genetically enhanced raccoon? Oh, and he's voiced by Bradley Cooper. That fact amuses me to no end.

There are also gun fights and spaceship dogfights galore, and a whole bunch of other short clips of scenes where I don't even know what's happening. All I know is ... I like what I see!

Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be a romp, plain and simple. It's exactly what I want out of a movie. Exactly what I want out of a movie. Seriously, can it be August 1 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment